Designed to inspire and with four decades of experience, the Charvel® Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH FR M is a slick performer with modern features and versatile sound every guitarist will appreciate. Born from a love of high-speed playing and So-Cal style, this high-octane axe is packed with the classic playability and innovative design elements that have made Charvel a legendary name in high performance.
More comfortable than an overstuffed armchair, the Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH FR M is sleekly sculpted out of alder and coupled with a rock-solid bolt-on maple neck with a pair of graphite-reinforcement rods to handle the ravages of the road and climate. A conveniently located heel-mount spoke wheel allows for rapid truss rod tweaks, even in between songs. Engineered for effortlessly nimble playing, the speed neck profile and 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 frets is perfect for all styles of play – from low end riffing to soaring leads with worry-free upper-register bends.
Hot-rodded for unparalleled performance and sound, this instrument hosts a high-output Seymour Duncan® Distortion TB-6 humbucking bridge pickup and a warm, fat Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6N humbucking neck pickup. The volume control hides a push/pull coil split for even more highly useful tonal variations, ideal for everything from a biting lead sound to thick, chunky rhythm work. The no-load tone control operates like a standard tone control from positions one through nine, removing itself from the circuit at position ten for transparent sound that lets the full natural voice of the guitar shine through. The Floyd Rose® 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system allows players to scream and rumble without sacrificing tuning stability.
- ALDER BODY
- BOLT-ON MAPLE NECK WITH GRAPHITE REINFORCEMENT
- 12"-16" COMPOUND RADIUS MAPLE FINGERBOARD
- UNIQUE CHARVEL BACK NECKSHAPE
- SEYMOUR DUNCAN® DISTORTION™ TB-6 & SH-6N PICKUPS
- 3-WAY BLADE, PUSH/PULL VOLUME & NO-LOAD TONE CONTROLS
- HEEL-MOUNT TRUSS ROD ADJUSTMENT WHEEL
- FLOYD ROSE®1000 SERIES DOUBLE-LOCKING TREMOLO BRIDGE SYSTEM
- THREE-PLY TORTOISESHELL PICKGUARD
- Model Number: 2966002503
- Series: Pro-Mod
- Color: Gamera Black
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Distortion™ TB-6
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Distortion™ SH-6N
- Pickup Color: Black
- Controls: Volume (Push/Pull Coil Split), No-Load Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Both Inner Coils
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
- - (Split Engaged) -
- Position 1. Bridge Outer Coil
- Position 2. Both Outer Coils
- Position 3. Neck Outer Coil
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: So-Cal Style 1
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Tuning Machines: Charvel®-Branded Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tip: Black
- Saddle Height Wrench: N/A
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Neck Binding: None - Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- String Trees: Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Headstock: Licensed Fender® Stratocaster®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Standard
- Case: Not Included
- Weight: Approx. 8lbs
- Photos: Stock
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.