Epiphone Joe Bonamassa 1962 ES-335 Electric Guitar, Sixties Cherry
An Old Friend Comes Home
Some guitars are more special than others, even when that guitar is owned by a world-famous guitarist and guitar collector like Joe Bonamassa. In 1996, he purchased a red 1962 Gibson ES-335 and used it on his first solo album, A New Day Yesterday. In 2001, he regrettably sold the guitar to help fund his move from New York to LA. As the 20th anniversary of Joe's first record approached, a strange twist of fate and an unexpected phone call resulted in Joe being reunited with his old friend, the red ES-335 that propelled him through his first solo effort and launched him into a new life on the West Coast. Feeling fortunate to get his old guitar back, Joe promised that this important instrument would stay with him for the rest of his days.
The Epiphone Joe Bonamassa 1962 ES-335 is a tribute to a legendary guitarist and one of his cherished instruments. It features a one-piece mahogany neck with an Indian laurel fretboard and a comfortable Rounded C profile, Gibson BurstBucker™ 2 and 3 pickups wired to CTS® potentiometers and Mallory™ capacitors, a Switchcraft™ pickup selector toggle switch and output jack, and a Maestro™ Vibrola™. A custom hardshell case with Epiphone and Joe Bonamassa graphics and a certificate of authenticity are also included.
- Body Styles: ES
- Body Shape: ES-335
- Body Material: 5-ply Layered Maple
- Top: 5-ply Layered Maple
- Back: 5-ply Layered Maple
- Side: 5-ply Layered Maple
- Bracing: Spruce Contour Brace
- Centerblock: Maple
- Binding: Single Ply Cream; Top, Back, and Fretboard
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Profile: Rounded "C"
- Scale Length: 628.65 mm / 24.75 in
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8 mm / 12 in
- Fret Count: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 43.0 mm / 1.692 in
- Inlays: Small Block
- Joint: Glued In, Set Neck
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: Epiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Maestro Vibrola
- Tuning Machines: Epiphone Deluxe with Double Ring Buttons
- Pickguard: 5-ply Black
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply Bell
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hat with Chrome Insert
- Switch Tip: White
- Strap Buttons: 2 - Bottom and Back of Heel
- Mounting Rings: Black
- Pickup Covers: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Gibson Burstbucker 2
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson Burstbucker 3
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone; CTS Potentiometers, Mallory Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft Toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings Gauge: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Custom Hardshell Case Included
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity
- Weight: Approx. 8.5lbs
- Photos: Stock
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.