Pyramids is a Stereo Flanging Device with five presets, eight flanger modes, tap tempo, tap subdivision, a multifunction Modify control, positive and negative Feedback, and a variable Mix control, which is something you don’t see on a flanger every day.
Built upon the same proprietary DSP architecture as the Avalanche Run™, Pyramids delivers convincing jet-engine roar, authentic through-zero tape-style warble, infinite barber pole sweeps, flexible I/O routing, and the ability to re-trigger the LFO cycle via footswitch opens up a fourth dimension of rhythmic possibilities that’s sure to tickle your third ear.
Classic: Tone control for the modulated signal. Clockwise cuts the low end and allows the high frequencies to pass through. Counterclockwise cuts the high end and allows bass frequencies to pass through.
Through-Zero: Delay time for the unmodulated dry signal. This controls where in the LFO cycle the through-zero point occurs, which is where you’ll hear the most drastic cancellation.
Barber Pole Up: Tone control for the modulated signal. Clockwise from center is a high pass filter. Counterclockwise from center is a low pass filter.
Barber Pole Down: Tone control for the modulated signal. Clockwise from center is a high pass filter. Counterclockwise from center is a low pass filter.
Trigger Up: Sensitivity control for the sweep. This controls how quickly the re-triggering reacts to your pick attack.
Trigger Down: Sensitivity control for the sweep. This controls how quickly the re-triggering reacts to your pick attack.
Step: Adjusts the glide between steps. Low Modify settings produce sharp, stair-stepped transitions between steps. Higher Modify settings introduce a smoother glissando effect.
Random: Adjusts the glide between steps. Low Modify settings produce sharp, stair-stepped transitions between steps. Higher Modify settings introduce a smoother glissando effect.
Manual: Controls the delay time of the modulated signal. Manual can also be controlled via expression pedal.
2. Rate: Controls the speed of the LFO as well as the rise time in “Trigger Up” mode and fall time in “Trigger Down” mode. The Rate control has three ranges of operation: Slow, Normal and Fast. These modes are selected by the Rate & Tap toggle switch.
3. Width: Controls the frequency range of the LFO sweep. You might also think of it as a depth control for the LFO.
4. Mix: This is the volume control for the modulated signal. The modulated signal gets louder when you turn it clockwise and quieter when you turn it counterclockwise.
5. Activate Footswitch: The activate switch features our Flexi-Switch™ technology! This relay-based true-bypass switch allows for momentary or latching operation.
6. Feedback: Regeneration control for the modulated signal.
- Rate & Tap Toggle Switch: “Normal” (center position) is 1:1. The tempo you tap in is the tempo Pyramids will spit out. When set to “Slow” (left position), the tempo you tap is divided for a slower sweep. When set to “Fast” (right position), the tempo you tap is multiplied and delivers a faster sweep.
- Modify: The behavior of this control depends upon which mode you’re using.
- Tap / Trigger Footswitch: In Classic, Through-Zero, Barber Pole Up, Barber Pole Down, Step, and Random modes, this footswitch is a tap tempo control. In Trigger Up and Trigger Down modes, this footswitch triggers the effect whenever it is pressed.
- Presets Rotary Switch: Selects between Live mode and one of five presets. Pyramids comes with our favorites programmed in, but you’re allowed to re-write them if you want. We don’t mind.
- Mode Rotary Switch: Selects between Pyramids’ eight flanger modes.
Pyramids ships with five example factory presets:
2- Barber Pole Up
3- Trigger Up
These are intended to get you started and are by no means the be-all-end-all examples of these modes. Please feel free to modify or overwrite these as you’d like!
This device features Flexi-Switch® Technology! This relay-based, true bypass switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching.
For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass.
For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
Since the switching is relay based, it requires power to pass signal.
For best results, please use the included 9v center-negative 1-amp DC power supply.
To use with multiple output transformer-balanced isolated pedal-specific power supplies, Pyramids’ may be powered from two outlets combined using a current-doubling cable.
DO NOT USE A VOLTAGE-DOUBLING CABLE BECAUSE THAT WILL SEND 18V TO PYRAMIDS AND FRY IT LIKE AN OVEREASY EGG AT A GREAZY SPOON DINER.
Dimensions: 4.65 x 4.15 x 2.25 in. (118 x 105 x 57 mm) with knobs
Current Draw: 460 mA
Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
Output Impedance: 100 Ω
S/N Ratio: 115dB typical
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.