With a career of being copied, the EVH Striped Series guitars put Eddie Van Halen's historic and authentic style in your hands... These are high powered, high-performance machines as kickbutt to look at as they are to play.
The Striped Series guitar features a basswood Stratocaster-style body decked out in Eddie's famed striped graphics — Black with Yellow Stripes.
These unique guitars also have a graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck with a hand-rubbed oil finish on the back, 12"- 16" maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays and a thumbwheel truss rod adjustment wheel for convenient neck relief tweaks.
Powered by a single ferocious direct-mount Wolfgang humbucking bridge pickup, the Striped Series guitars also feature a single skirted Strat-style volume control knob (labeled "tone") that houses a 500K EVH Bourns low friction pot with treble bleed circuit, single-ply black pickguard (White with Black Stripes model only), bar string retainer and Floyd Rose locking nut, EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking tremolo with EVH D-Tuna, EVH die-cast tuners, chrome hardware, vintage-style strap buttons, EVH neck plate and licensed Fender Strat headstock.
- Bolt-on is a type of neck construction that joins the maple neck to the body of the guitar with screws or bolts, resulting in bright tone with more control. The quartersawn grain runs the length of the neck and as well as being visually appealing, is less susceptible to shrinking, warping or splitting. Graphite-reinforcement rods flank the truss rod for even more increased neck stability, while your fretting hand will feel right at home on the modified “C”-shape neck, which has a .790” thickness at the 3rd fret and .825” at the 12th fret.
- The innovative 12"-16" Compound Radius Maple Fingerboard design gradually flattens toward the heel from its smaller and more rounded profile at the nut for unparalleled comfortable chording and riffing near the nut and seamless bending near the heel. Maple is a dense wood that produces bright, snappy tones, articulate notes with bite and a tight low end. Versus a 24-fret neck, a 22-fret layout shifts the neck pickup farther away from the bridge, centering it at the “sweet spot” and resulting in an overall warmer tone. The jumbo fret wire slightly increases the distance between string and fingerboard for seamless and comfortable bends.
- Not all humbuckers are created equal. Direct mount EVH Wolfgang humbuckers with Alnico 2 magnets are hotter and harness Eddie’s scorching signature lead tone that captivated the world of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘70s and ‘80s. These pickups deliver rich harmonics, cutting highs and snarling mids in spades.
- Eddie Van Halen was the first player to popularize the innovative Floyd Rose locking tremolo, even advising Floyd Rose on his early designs to integrate round disc finger-type tuners that you would see on a cello or violin. Now universally embraced, our EVH-branded Floyd Rose bridge features our EVH logo stamped on the bridge plate, steel saddles and a solid brass block. The Floyd Rose bridge and R3 (43 mm) locking nut is a professional-grade double-locking design that secures the strings in the saddle and nut, providing ultimate tuning stability and dynamic tremolo action. Standard equipment on Eddie’s personal guitars since the early ‘90s, the EVH D-Tuna is a unique patented device that enables players to drop the E to D and back, in an instant.
- Other killer appointments of this axe include Eddie’s famed striped paint job, a licensed-Fender Stratocaster headstock and single volume Strat-style skirt knob that reads “Tone.” The volume knobs houses a 500K EVH Bourns low friction pot with treble bleed circuit for seamless swells.
01 - EVH2107035
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.