An iconic shape at an affordable price, Guild’s Starfire I Bass is a modern adaptation of the traditional Starfire Bass platform, exemplifying the features needed on a modern Hollowbody bass.
Featuring a slimmed down, 2.4” body thickness, inward-shifted neck, short 30 ¾” scale length, and a 1 ½” nut width, the Starfire I Bass is a compact and accessible option for younger players, or those who want more freedom on stage.
Stable tuning and easy adjustability are provided by the Tune-o-matic bass bridge, and the harp tailpiece adds a touch of Guild’s classic aesthetic, likening the bass to its upright ancestors. Guild’s own BC-1 BiCoil pickups adorn the bass, complete with hum resistant nickel covers and Alnico 5 magnet construction. Combined with the woody nature of semi-hollowbody tone and the volume and tone control, these pickups allow the player to dial in anything from modern, cutting bass tones to wooly, round, vintage tones. Pull up on the Volume Knob to reveal the push-pull vintage switch—a feature that adds presence with rolled down low frequencies, reminiscent of the parallel pickup configuration on vintage Hollowbody basses.
Available with maple top, back, and sides in Vintage Walnut.
- Body Type: Semi-hollow Body
- Body Shape: Starfire I Double Cutaway
- Body Top: Arched Maple
- Body Wood (Solid Bodies): N/A
- Top Bracing Pattern: N/A
- Soundhole / F Holes Binding: Unbound F Holes
- Top Purfling Inlay: 2-Ply Black and Ivory
- Top Binding: Ivory ABS
- Body Sides: Maple
- Side Purfling Inlay: N/A
- Body Back: Arched Maple
- Back Purfling Inlay: 2-Ply Black and Ivory
- Purfling: 2-Ply Black and Ivory
- Body Binding: Ivory
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 30 3/4" (781mm)
- Neck Shape: Modern Thin "U"
- Nut Width: 1 1/2" (38mm)
- Neck Thickness 1st Fret: 20.5mm
- Neck Thickness 9th Fret: 22.5mm
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Wrench: 4mm Allen Key
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.5" (320mm)
- Fingerboard Inlays: 5mm Dots - Pearloid
- Fingerboard Inlay Location: 3, 5, 7, 9, 12 (x2), 15, 17, 19
- Frets Total: 21
- Fret Type: Narrow Tall - 2.4mm(W) x 1.3mm(H)
- Fingerboard Binding: 1.5 mm Ivory ABS
- Color: Vintage Walnut (VWN)
- Bridge String Spacing: 2.2"(56mm)
- Hardware Finish / Plating: Nickel Plated
- Bridge: Guild Bass Tune-O-Matic - Nickel
- Tailpiece: Guild Bass Harp Tailpiece - Nickel
- Nut Material: Composite
- Tuning Machines: Guild Vintage Style Bass Tuners - Nickel
- Strap Buttons: Vintage Pawn
- Pickguard: N/A
- Bridge Pickup: N/A
- Neck Pickup: N/A
- Pickup Switch: N/A
- Controls: Master Volume and Tone with Push/Pull "Vintage" Switch
- Strings: D'Addario EXL165 Nickel Wound Bass, Custom Light (.045 - .105)
- Upper Bout Width: 11 3/4" (299mm)
- Lower Bout Width: 16 3/8" (416mm)
- Body Depth Upper Bout: 1 1/2" (38mm)
- Body Depth Lower Bout: 1 1/2" (38mm)
- Body Length: 18 1/4" (464mm)
- Overall Length: 45 1/4" (1149mm)
- Gig Bag or Case Not Included
- Weight: Approx. 7.4lbs
- Stock Photos
01 - ISG210753453
03 - ISG210753457
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.