PreSonus ATOM: Production and Performance Pad Controller
Capture the beat whenever and wherever creativity strikes with PreSonus®’ ATOM. An intuitive, musical, MIDI pad controller, ATOM’s dynamic, ultra-sensitive pads will give you all the expression you need, whether you’re making a beat, creating a driving synth line, or triggering sound effects and loops on the fly. Tight integration with both Studio One® and Ableton® Live mean that you stay inspired without missing a beat. Your focus will be off the screen and on your performance—where it matters most.
Fully bus-powered by USB and compact enough to ride in your backpack with your laptop, ATOM is tightly integrated with Studio One and Impact XT. Impact XT is a powerful pad-style sampler with 16 pads, each with its own pitch, amplifier, and filter controls, all editable via ATOM so you can make adjustments on the fly. More than just a pad controller, ATOM also allows you to quickly add virtual instruments, change presets, create loop points, control the Studio One transport, and more, allowing you to build dynamic performances and blazing fast productions.
Get in the groove.
Included with ATOM, Studio One Artist music production software enables you to compose, record, and produce without getting distracted by the tools or hemmed in with track limitations. Easy to learn and intuitive to use, Studio One’s unique drag-and-drop workflow and powerful tools let you produce faster than ever before. Also included is a carefully curated loop and one-shot library custom-designed for ATOM by the hitmakers at MVP Loops. And if you need more, Studio One lets you shop, audition, and purchase new content right from your production environment.
Live in the moment.
While compatible with most third-party software, ATOM offers deeper integration with Ableton Live (version 10.1.5 and later). Launch clips and scenes, change track volume and panning, and switch between Session and Arranger views all while playing virtual instruments and Live’s Drum Rack device from ATOM’s 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads. Add another ATOM to your setup and use one ATOM to perform and the second to launch and record clips. Two or more ATOM MIDI pad controllers can also be used to extend the performance range for your instruments and Drum Rack. Even better: any customer purchasing an ATOM after October 20, 2019, gets a free copy of Ableton Live Lite dropped in their My.PreSonus account.
Drop the beat.
Intuitive and easy-to-use, ATOM is more than just an expressive MIDI pad controller: It’s a production and performance controller as well. Use the velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads to play your virtual instruments live, with incredible expressiveness. Navigate your session without looking at the screen. Automate filter sweeps with four responsive knobs. Wherever inspiration takes you, ATOM lets you focus on the music.
Apple Silicon, iOS, and iPadOS compatibility—standard.
The PreSonus ATOM is natively compatible with Apple Silicon-based Mac computers*, as well as iOS and iPadOS devices, including iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch, and iPhone. Because it's USB class-compliant, there are no special drivers or applications to download and install. You'll be able to produce on the go—everything from podcasts to folk rock to trap—wherever sound takes you.
*Universal Control 3.4.2 or later is required for Native Apple Silicon compatibility.
Make your own magic.
At PreSonus, we want to make sure that our audio products come with everything you need to craft your own mesmerizing spells in the studio. That's why we include Studio One Artist with every audio interface and controller product we make, from the 2-channel AudioBox USB 96 to the 64-channel StudioLive 64S, ATOM to FaderPort 16, but we didn't stop there. Why? Because here in Louisiana, we have a word: lagniappe. It means "a little something extra," and it's in that spirit that we also include the Studio Magic Suite of software with our audio interface products and–new for 2021–our award-winning controllers as well.
The 2021 Studio Magic includes tutorials from Melodics, sound libraries from Ghost Hack, 7 virtual instruments, and 9 effects plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats to use in Studio One Artist or your DAW of choice with a retail value of over $1000 (US).
- Trigger loops and effects and play virtual instruments with 16 full-size, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads
- 8 assignable pad banks
- MIDI Keyboard mode, Note Repeat mode, and Full Velocity mode to customize instrument control (application-dependent)
- 4 programmable rotary encoders and 20 assignable buttons; navigate and set more parameters faster
- Pressure switchable between MIDI aftertouch, channel pressure, and CC messages
- Selectable pad velocity curves and pad pressure thresholds
Studio One® Integration Features
- Automatically detected by Studio One Artist—no setup required
- Navigate and choose an instrument from the Browser
- Studio One dynamically switches ATOM between Keyboard and Drum modes depending on the selected instrument
- Create a new track
- Change presets on a virtual instrument
- Change song tempo
- Set looping points
- Navigate the timeline
- Zoom in and out on the timeline or events
- Edit and quantize MIDI events
- Transport control (stop, play, record)
Ableton® Live Integration Features
- Navigate up, down, left, or right in Live's Session view in banks of 4 with ATOM's navigation buttons
- Launch clips and scenes using ATOM's Session mode
- RGB LEDs display which clips are playing or stopped and reflect each clip's assigned color
- Play virtual instruments and Live's Drum Rack device using ATOM's Note mode
- Navigate Live's mixer using ATOM's Channel mode
- Select, solo, and record-enable channels, as well as stop all clips on a selected channel
- Knobs are used to change track volume, track panning, Sends A, and Sends B for the selected bank
- Switch between Session and Arranger views from ATOM
- Record in either Session Record or Arranger Record modes
- Dedicated User mode for custom user assignments
- Metronome On/Off, Save and Undo, Loop On/Off, and more...
NOTE: In order to utilize these features in Live, ATOM firmware must be updated to version 3.4 (released via Universal Control on November 19, 2019). Advanced integration features are only available with Ableton Live 10.1.5 or later.
- MIDI Keyboard mode
- Note Repeat mode
- Full Velocity mode (only send velocity 127)
*May vary depending on application.
- USB 2.0
- Studio One Artist production software for macOS®and Windows®
- Ableton Live Lite (for registered users after October 20, 2019)
- MVP Loops content custom-designed for ATOM
- Compatible with most music production and performance software for Mac and Windows
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.