Roland PD-140DS V-Pad 14" Digital Snare
Roland continues to revolutionize electronic drums, and our newly developed digital trigger pads are no exception. Incorporating the very latest technologies, these innovative pads work directly with the powerful processing in the flagship TD-50 sound module to provide the ultimate in expressive drumming. Never before have electronic drums been so true to life.
The PD-140DS V-Pad combines snare tradition with highly advanced triggering and exceptional sensitivity, which is communicated to the TD-50 module via a high-speed digital connection. A brand-new, three-layer mesh head is fitted to a standard 14-inch shell, providing natural rebound and feel that’s instantly familiar to play. Thanks to Roland’s new multi-element sensor system, your strokes across every area of the pad are more closely detected than ever before, and playing dynamics are captured in minute detail. In addition, traditional cross stick technique is automatically detected as the pad senses your hand position and adjusts accordingly. Producing snare sounds that are natural, detailed, and bursting with character, the PD-140DS delivers all-new levels of performance and playability.
- High-resolution sound triggering with accurate positional detection
- Designed for use with the flagship TD-50 sound module
- Play cross sticks using traditional techniques, with no need to adjust settings inside the module
- Three-ply mesh head provides natural rebound, playing feel, and response
- Standard acoustic-style 14-inch diameter offers a familiar look, presence, and playability
- Reflective steel shell makes a visual impression on the stage
- Pad Size: 14 inches
- Shell Depth: 4.3 inches
- Tension Rods: 8
- Head: 3-ply mesh head (Floating mid-layer structure)
- Available playing methods (Triggers):
- Head shot (High resolution positional detection, Wide dynamic range)
- Rim shot (Depth detection, Wide dynamic range)
- Cross stick (Automatic switching)
- Brush sweep
- Sensor system:
- Multi element sensor system
- Head sensor
- Position sensors x 3
- Rim sensor
- Cross stick sensors x 3
- Built-in sensing processor
- Supported Covering Size:
- 98 (width) x 1,060 (length) mm
- Thickness: 1 mm or less
- Connector: DIGITAL TRIGGER OUT plug (compatible with Roland drum sound module equipped with DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port)
- Power Supply: Supplied from DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port (DC 5 V)
- Current Draw: 90 mA
- Owner's manual
- Connection cable
- Drum key
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.