Out of stock
Concentrate on your music and not on the recording process with the easy-to-use Tascam DP-008 8-track digital Portastudio, which can capture CD-quality audio wherever you roam. Using a Secure Digital (SD) memory card, you can record two tracks simultaneously and work with up to eight tracks in a multi-track project.
The easily portable Tascam DP-008 eight-track recorder (see larger image).
Side view of the Tascam DP-008 (see larger image).
You can use built-in microphones to grab ideas, plug condenser mics into the XLR inputs or plug a guitar directly in to lay tracks. There's even a metronome and chromatic tuner built-in for tight-sounding tracks. The DP-008 also allows you to digitally bounce tracks to make room for more, and touches like editing and undo make recording stress-free.
Each track on the DP-008 has its own row of knobs for level, pan and effects, just like Tascam's classic cassette Portastudios of the past. The effects knob sends to a built-in stereo reverb processor with hall, room, stage and other effects. Each track also has EQ to tailor the sound for your mix. When your song is complete, mix it to a dedicated stereo track while riding levels and flipping pan as much as you want. You can export your mix, or even individual tracks, as a WAV file.
Features and Specifications
- 8-track Digital Portastudio
- 2-track simultaneous recording
- (2) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- (2) 1/4-inch line inputs, one switchable to guitar level for direct recording
- 1/4-inch footswitch input and Autopunch features for punch-in recording
- RCA line outputs
- 1/8-inch stereo headphone output
- Chromatic tuner and metronome features
- Stereo reverb effect on send/return path
- Level, Pan and 2-band EQ controls per channel
- 44.1kHz/16-bit recording resolution
- Records to SD or SDHC Card media, up to 32 GB supported
- USB 2.0 connection to computer for backup and track/mixdown export
- Built-in stereo electret condenser microphones
- Backlit LCD display
- Powered by four AA batteries (included) or PS-P520 power supply (optional)
- Up to 5.5 hours of battery life (recording, phantom power off); up to 6 hours of battery life for playback
- Measures 8.7 x 1.42 x 4.98 inches and weighs 19.7 ounces (without batteries)
** NOTE: Product photos are of actual unit. Please examine closely for item condition. If it's not in the pictures or specfically mentioned in the description, it's not included (this means things like power supplies, cables, etc.). Product details are from the manufacturer
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.