Zoom H4N-Pro 4-Track Portable Recorder
RECORD CLEANER, CLOSER AND CLEARER THAN EVER BEFORE.
Advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and built-in cutting-edge effects make the H4n Pro the ultimate portable 4 track recorder for musicians.
THE ULTIMATE HANDHELD RECORDING STUDIO
With onboard X/Y microphones, two combo input jacks, overdubbing, effects, and more, the H4n Pro is packed with features that allows musicians to create songs from start to finish.
TAKE YOUR LIVE SHOW HOME
The H4n Pro is capable of recording the loudest and heaviest performances, up to 140 dB SPL without distortion. Take a line-level* stereo feed from the mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones.
* +4dBu line-level is not supported.
PROFESSIONAL GRADE PREAMPS
The H4n Pro features high performance, low-noise mic preamps with recording resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
USB AUDIO INTERFACE
Functioning as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface for PC or Mac, the H4n Pro enables you to record directly to your computer.
NEVER MISS A TAKE
Capture two seconds* of audio before you hit RECORD with the Pre-Record function and never miss the start of a great take.
The Auto-Record and Auto-Stop functions allow the H4n Pro to automatically start and stop recording according to your designated levels.
THREE RECORDING MODES
- Stereo Mode
Stereo Mode can be used with the built-in X/Y microphones or external mics, and is convenient for recording live performances, acoustic instruments, and more.
- 4-Channel Mode
4-Channel Mode records with the built-in X/Y mics and two external inputs to capture live room sound and a stereo board feed at the same time.
- MTR Mode
Multi-Track Mode turns your device into a four-track studio, with built-in effects, overdub functions, and the ability to work with previously recorded sound files.
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
- INPUTS | The H4n Pro offers two locking XLR/TRS combo jacks, each with switchable phantom power. Additionally there is a mic/line input via the stereo 1/8” input jack.
- OUTPUTS | Monitor your performance with headphones or connect to external devices using the stereo 1/8” line output with dedicated volume control.
MUSIC PRODUCTION SOFTWARE
Record, edit, mix and master your music with free download licenses for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software.
Choose from a variety of effects, including EQ, compression, reverb, delay, amp and cab emulators and more. Practice with an onboard metronome, tuner and looper.
RECORDING TIME AND FILE FORMATS
The H4n Pro can capture audio in both MP3 and WAV file formats. WAV files recorded with the H4n Pro comply with BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) and include marks and creation dates. It allows for easy syncing and file organization for both musicians and filmmakers.
HERE’S WHAT COMES WITH THE H4N PRO.
- Operation manual
- 2 x AA batteries
- Protective case
- Steinberg WaveLab LE software download
- Steinberg Cubase LE software download
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 5.5 hours of operation (up to 8 hours in Stamina mode)
- Stock Photos
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.