Packed with inspiring tools for on-the-spot music creation, the RC-505mkII brings next-generation power and flexibility to the world’s most popular tabletop looper. Elevate your performances with five stereo tracks and four simultaneous Input FX and Track FX, and soar even further with customizable buttons, expanded I/O, increased mixing control, and other enhancements requested by long-time RC-505 users. Built for free-flowing expression on stage and in the studio, the RC-505mkII is a dream machine for beatboxers, vocalists, multi-instrumentalists, and other fearless looping artists.
- The industry-standard tabletop looper, updated and enhanced
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks with dedicated controls and independent volume faders
- Input FX and Track FX sections, each with four simultaneous effects and four quick-access banks
- Customizable FX and Track buttons for each phrase track
- Massive onboard effects selection with 49 Input FX types and 53 Track FX types, including new Harmony, Electric FX, and many others
- New ultra-durable faders with longer throw for more precise adjustment
- Newly added Mark Back function provides enhanced undo/redo flexibility while performing
- Two XLR mic inputs with phantom power, two stereo line input pairs, and three stereo line output pairs
- 99 memories, each containing five phrase tracks, custom effects and playback settings, control assignments, and more
- Synchronize your loops with over 200 onboard rhythm patterns and 16 drum kits
- Deep MIDI control support
- Two external control jacks, each with support for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- USB for data backup, phrase import/export with BOSS Tone Studio, and pattern import with the RC Rhythm Converter
More to Love
The RC‐505mkII retains everything that made the original so loved and adds a wealth of new features to make the looping experience even more creative and free flowing. The faders provide longer throw for finer adjustments, and they also have a more solid feel under the fingers. And each track now has dedicated FX and Track buttons, making it easier to color and control your loops in the heat of the moment. Undo/redo has also been enhanced with a Mark Back function that lets you instantly jump back to a previous loop state while performing.
Customize Your Workflow
While the original RC‐505 was very customizable, the RC‐505mkII takes things to the next level with a vast range of userconfigurable controls. You can assign various CTL parameters to the FX and Track buttons and trigger them with a press, hold, or double‐click. Pressing the Undo/Redo button reveals a secondary layer, doubling your options. Two external control jacks are also available for connecting footswitches or expression pedals, and each has its own dedicated set of parameters. Crave even more? Then tap into the Assign screens to set up 16 different targets for hardware control and MIDI operation.
More Sonic Colors for Inspired Looping
Sonic variations help make loop performances more compelling, and the RC‐505mkII provides a greatly expanded FX palette to color your sounds during recording and playback. There are 49 Input FX and 53 Track FX types to choose from—including powerful new vocal harmony effects—and you can use up to four in each section at once. Going further, groups of four Input FX and Track FX can be stored in four banks for quick recall, along with toggle or momentary button settings for each type. A step sequence function is also available in some FX to automate parameter changes for dynamic real‐time movement.
Connect and Mix
With the RC‐505mkII’s expanded connectivity and onboard audio processing, you can do more with less external gear. You have two XLR inputs for mics and two mono/stereo line input pairs for instruments and other devices, plus an input mixer with two mic compressors and independent EQs for all channels. Three stereo output pairs and an output mixer are also available, complete with assignable routing options and master reverb and compressor effects. It’s even possible to customize the headphones output to monitor individual tracks and rhythm sounds. And via USB, you can integrate with computer DAWs and use BOSS Tone Studio to import/export WAV loops.
To meet the unique workflow needs of different performers, the RC‐505mkII offers many new creative details inspired by longtime Loop Station users. Three different overdub modes are available—including one that lets you replace the current sound in a loop track while it’s playing—plus a new Bounce In function for capturing multiple tracks into one. Half and double speed options are also on hand, and you can freely change the overall playback speed with or without pitch change. Additionally, it’s now possible to assign the Auto Rec function to a panel button or footswitch for quick activation whenever you need it.
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Processing: 32-bit floating point
- Number of Tracks: 5
- Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 32-bit float, stereo)
- Maximum Recording Time: Approx. 1.5 hours (1 track), Approx.13 hours (total of All memories)
- Rhythm Type: 200 types or greater
- Rhythm Kit: 16 types
- INPUT FX: 49 types
- TRACK FX: 53 types
- MASTER FX: 2 types
- Memory: 99
- Nominal Input Level:
- MIC 1, 2 INPUT: -40 dBu
- INST 1, 2 INPUT: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level:
- MIC 1, 2 INPUT: 0 dBu
- IINST 1, 2 INPUT: +7 dBu/+20 dBu (selectable)
- Input Impedance:
- MIC 1, 2 INPUT: 3k ohms
- INST 1, 2 INPUT: 1 M ohms/25 k ohms (selectable)
- Nominal Output Level:
- MAIN OUTPUT: -10 dBu
- SUB 1, 2 OUTPUT: -10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level:
- MAIN OUTPUT: +7 dBu
- SUB 1, 2 OUTPUT: +7 dBu
- Output Impedance:
- MAIN OUTPUT: 1 k ohm
- SUB 1, 2 OUTPUT: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance:
- MAIN OUTPUT: 10 k ohms or greater
- SUB 1, 2 OUTPUT: 10 k ohms or greater
- TRACK1--5 REC/PLAY button
- TRACK1--5 STOP button
- TRACK1--5 TRACK button
- TRACK1--5 FX button
- ALL START/STOP button
- UNDO/REDO button
- TAP TEMPO button
- RHYTHM START/STOP button
- RHYTHM EDIT button
- INPUT FX A--D button
- INPUT FX EDIT button
- TRACK FX A--D button
- TRACK FX EDIT button
- MENU button
- LOOP button
- ENTER button
- EXIT button
- PAGE buttons
- 1--4 knobs
- OUTPUT LEVEL knob
- TRACK1--5 LEVEL Faders
- Display: Graphic LCD (128 x 64 dots, backlit LCD)
- MIC IN 1, 2 jack: XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max
- INST IN 1, 2 jacks, MAIN OUT jacks, SUB OUT 1, 2 jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL1,2/EXP1 jack, CTL3,4/EXP2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB port: USB B type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Current Draw:
- 1.0 A (with phantom power)
- 0.9 A (without phantom power)
- AC adaptor
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
12172021RK - 051122RK
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.