Band & Orchestral Instrument Repair
- How much money will my repair cost?
- Cost of repairs depend on the instrument and repairs needed to restore the instrument to proper playing condition. You can call Skip’s Music for a quote on expected repairs. Upon checking in your instrument, you will receive a pre-authorized amount. If the total cost for the repairs will exceed this amount, the repair technician will call you for approval before proceeding with repairs.
- How long does it take for my repair to be completed?
- The turnaround time for repairs to be completed depends on how many instruments are in the queue at the time of checking in, as well as whether or not materials need to be ordered for your repair. The repair technician will notify you of any changes to the status of your repair.
- How much money does a standard cleaning cost?
- A standard cleaning varies by instrument. For instance, a standard cleaning of a flute is as low as $50 without polishing, and alto saxophones may cost as much as $80 for a standard cleaning. Call our store for more information for your specific instrument. Pricing of cleanings may be reduced if more repairs are being done on the instrument.
- Does your technician do pad and cork replacements on instruments?
- Yes, we do pad replacements on flutes, clarinets, oboes, and saxophones, as well as cork replacements. Prices vary depending on how many pads need to be replaced, so call our store for an estimate from an associate or final quote from our repair technician.
Skip’s Music has an on-site repair shop at our Sacramento location staffed with specialty band and orchestra technicians who are prepared to provide quality and timely service. Instruments we repair include:
- Brass (trumpets, trombones, coronets, etc.)
- Woodwind (clarinets, flutes, saxophones, oboes, etc.)
- String (violins, violas, cellos, bass, etc.)
- Percussion (snare kits, etc.)
Stringed Instrument Repair
Our on-site repair shop can handle just about any string instrument repairs you may need for violins, violas, cellos, and bass, including installing:
We also provide full set ups for string instruments with issues you may not be able to identify, as well as accessories, such as chin rests and end pins to make playing your instrument more enjoyable.
Brass & Woodwind Repair
Our brass repair shop can handle any problems you may be having with your horn. Trumpets, trombones, tubas, high brass, low brass, we can fix it all. Our techs are capable of:
- Dent removal
- Valve adjustment
- Slide alignment
- Pad replacement
- Spring replacement
- Lacquer refinishing
- Complete restoration
If you are unsure what the issue with your instrument may be, bring it into Skip’s and our professional repair technicians will identify any issues. We do everything from the simplest musical instrument repairs to complete restoration services on all band and orchestra instruments.