Electronic Instrument & Equipment Repair
- What manufacturers is Skip’s Music authorized to repair?
- Manufacturers we are authorized to repair include Yamaha, QSC, JBL, Peavey, Korg, Roland, Fender, Vox, Marshall, and Blackstar. If you do not see the manufacturer of your equipment listed, please call and check with our repair technician.
- Is there a deposit for my electronic repair?
- Yes. Each individual piece of equipment requires a $100 deposit, paid before repairs may start. The deposit is applied to the cost of the repair.
- How long does it take for my repair to get completed after I drop it off?
- Completion times vary depending on the amount of repairs in the queue prior to checking in your equipment. The status of your repair’s completion also depends on whether or not parts need to be ordered, or the equipment needs to be sent to the manufacturer for manufacturer repairs. Your repair technician will notify you of any changes to the status of your repair.
- How long do I have to pick up my repair after it has been completed?
- Customers have 30 days after notification of the repair’s completion to retrieve their repaired item from Skip’s Music. You will be notified as the 30-day limit approaches. This helps us maintain organization so customer repairs do not get lost or forgotten.
- How much money will my repair cost?
- Upon checking in the repair, the associate will give you a quote of a pre-authorized amount depending on the type of repair you need done. If the cost of the repair exceeds this pre-authorized amount, the repair technician will contact you to get any other costs approved before proceeding with the repair.
- Is there a diagnostic fee?
- Yes. The diagnostic fee is $80, paid at the time of retrieving your equipment. This will include a complete diagnostic check of the equipment for any and all issues that can be found. The repair technician will notify you of any issues discovered, as well as a quote of what it will cost to repair these issues. The diagnostic fee is waived if you choose to proceed with the repairs. A $100 deposit is still required upon checking in your equipment, even for the diagnostic check alone, which is applied to the final total.
- What do I need for a warranty repair?
- If your equipment is covered under warranty through either the manufacturer or Skip’s Music, you will need to bring in a proof of purchase, such as your receipt. If you purchased from Skip’s Music, and no longer have your receipt, we can look up a copy of the original receipt for a service fee. For warranty repairs, no deposit is required. If the repair needs to be sent to the manufacturer for repairs, the customer is responsible for paying the shipping fee.
We repair what we sell! Our electronics technicians are factory certified to repair most major brands of musical and audio electronics. Our electronic repair shop has been a leader in the Sacramento region for providing both warranty and non-warranty diagnostic and repair services for over 40 years.
Skip’s Music does electronic repairs on:
- Speakers & Cabinets
- Keyboards & Synthesizers
- Effects, EQ, and other rack gear
- Mixers & Mixing Consoles
- Vintage & tube-based equipment