The SG™ Special returns to the classic design that made it relevant, played, and loved -- shaping sound across generations and genres of music. This early 60s style SG Special has the vibe and sound heard on countless classic rock recordings.
The comfortable, SlimTaper™ mahogany neck and bound rosewood fingerboard are well known for fast, effortless playing. The two P-90 pickups are noted for their fat snarl when driven and their smooth sweetness when played clean. The SG Special is equipped with the 3-way toggle switch and has hand-wired controls with Orange Drop® capacitors.
A hardshell case is included.
- Body Styles: SG
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Binding: Single Ply Cream, Fretboard
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Scale Length: 628.65 mm / 24.75 in
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8 mm / 12 in
- Fret Count: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 43.053 mm / 1.695 in
- Inlays: Acrylic Dot
- Joint: Glued In, Set Neck
- Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: Compensated Wraparound
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Deluxe with White Buttons
- Pickguard: Black 5-ply
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply Bell; Black and White
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Reflectors
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Switch washer: Black
- Strap Buttons: 2
- Neck Pickup: P-90
- Bridge Pickup: P-90
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Strings Gauge: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Hardshell Case Included
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit
- Weight: Approx. 7.5lbs
- Photos: Stock
- EXTRA: See it online? Buy in store? Ask Kaz for a gift
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.