With the 200 series, BOSS introduces a new generation of pedals that pack advanced sound and versatility into a streamlined size that saves space on your board. Grab-and-go controls and multi-function switches make operation easy and intuitive, while onboard memories allow you to store multiple setups for instant recall. All 200 series pedals feature premium audio quality with 32-bit internal processing and offer support for external control via footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI.
The OD-200 Hybrid Drive brings next-level sound, feel, and flexibility to overdrive and distortion, combining decades of BOSS tone expertise with innovative technologies. Powered by hybrid analog/digital circuitry, this dream pedal delivers any drive tone you can imagine via 12 primary modes, 15 boost types, series/parallel gain paths, and more. There’s even an advanced gate on board, ideal for both eliminating noise and adding tightness to high-gain drive tones.
Version 1.1 Update: User Memory Expansion
The free Version 1.1 software update brings increased flexibility to the BOSS 200 series, greatly expanding the onboard memory capacity for storing and recalling sounds. There are now 128 user setups available. Setups can also be recalled directly via MIDI program change.
- Advanced hybrid design with analog and digital circuitry provides a huge range of drive tones from classic to modern
- Twelve primary drive modes plus 15 boost types with independent pre/post gain controls
- Selectable series or parallel boost structures for unlimited gain shaping
- Advanced gate section for eliminating noise and tightening high-gain tones
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Access 128 user setups from the panel or MIDI program change
- Recall consecutive memories plus real-time panel setting via footswitch or dedicated panel button
- Panel Lock function disables controls to prevent unwanted changes
- Customizable multi-function footswitches for bypass, boost, memory selection, and more
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Micro USB jack for firmware updates
- Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries
- Stock Photos
Premium Drive Tones with BOSS’s Advanced Hybrid Design
The OD-200’s next-generation hybrid design seamlessly brings analog and digital clipping circuits together for the best of all worlds, putting a universe of expressive drive colors under your fingers. Twelve modes offer a variety of premium overdrive, fuzz, and distortion sounds, including a high-gain Brown mode derived from the acclaimed Katana amplifier series. And with the three high-performance “X” drive modes powered by BOSS’s cutting-edge MDP tech, you’ll experience enhanced definition, clarity, and dynamic response that’s perfect for modern playing styles.
Powerful Gain Shaping with Series and Parallel Boosts
While each of the OD-200’s 12 main drive modes sound fantastic on their own, you’re able to craft tones even further with 15 switchable boost circuits. Placing the boost in series lets you create traditional stacked drive voices, complete with post-gain level to balance with the bypassed sound or kick up the volume for solos. The boost circuit can also be used in parallel with the main mode, enabling side-by-side blending for an unlimited range of unique drive textures.
Kill the Noise and Tighten Your Tone
With its integrated gate circuit, the OD-200 always keeps your signal clear and quiet when you’re not playing. The default setting is a great starting point, providing gentle, transparent gating that works well for general playing styles. The decay and threshold controls can also be adjusted for super-fast gate performance when needed, perfect for bringing tightness to heavy modern styles that combine full-throttle gain with precision staccato riffing.
Dial in Sounds Fast
The OD-200 offers a ton of advanced capabilities, but remains as simple to use as any regular distortion stomp. With dedicated controls, you can quickly dial in the gain and overall level for any selected mode, then sculpt the tone with wide-ranging low, mid, and high EQ. There’s also a multi-function parameter knob, which changes operation based on the group selected with the panel’s parameter switch and LED status indicators.
Save and Recall Your Favorite Setups
The OD-200 features 127 user memories plus a real-time panel setting, giving you 128 total setups to choose from. Any range of consecutive memories and the panel setting can be assigned for scrolling access from a footswitch. It’s also possible to limit the scrolling range or assign memories directly for even faster recall. And if you crave deeper control, setups can be directly recalled via program change messages from an external MIDI device.
Deep Real-Time Control
By default, the OD-200’s multi-function footswitches control bypass, boost on/off, and memory scrolling, but you can easily reassign them to alternate functions as needed. External control of nearly any parameter is possible using footswitches or an expression pedal, and MIDI I/O is even provided on space-saving mini TRS jacks. Via MIDI, you’re able to chain multiple 200 series pedals and select memories on all of them at once, and also control various functions from MIDI devices like the ES-8 and ES-5 effects switchers.
OD-200 Drive Modes
- Overdrive—Natural tube-style overdrive with asymmetrical clipping.
- Blues—Highly expressive overdrive sound with wide tonal range.
- Scream—Smooth overdrive sound with mid-focused tone.
- Cntr OD—Mild drive sound modeled on the Klon Centaur.
- X-Drive—Next-generation overdrive that uses BOSS’s Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) for enhanced string separation, increased clarity, and expressive dynamic response.
- Dist—Cutting distortion that’s ideal for a wide variety of styles.
- X-Dist—Distinctive distortion that uses MDP tech for a superior playing experience that’s unattainable with analog distortion pedals.
- Stack Drive—Iconic British stack sound, with range from sparkly clean to a thick vintage roar.
- Fat Dist—Thick, tight distortion sound that’s ideal for riffs and solos.
- Brown—Lead sound inspired by the original British stack amp, with higher gain and razor-sharp definition.
- X-Metal—Wide-ranging modern sound powered by MDP, with superior clarity and string definition even at the highest gain settings.
Fuzz—Bold fuzz sound with big, round tone and rich sustain.
*The product names mentioned on this page are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. These names are used because it is the most practical way of describing the sounds
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.