The Palisades is something we said we would never do… an overdrive based on the legendary TS808! After loads of requests, we finally buckled. We ran tests with every popular clone on the market as well as several vintage originals, compared, contrasted and took loads of notes. It was exhausting but informative. In the end, we threw it all away, used our ears and came up with what we feel is the most versatile relative of the 808 available today.
With 6 different clipping voices, 5 bandwidth settings and 2 gain channels, you will be hard-pressed to not find a setting that will wipe every mid-boosting overdrive off your board. The Palisades is a versatile dude that will give you years of loving companionship.
- Boost: Sets the level of the output boost.
- Gain A: Sets the gain for the Channel A (lower gain)
- Volume: Sets the output level.
- Gain B: Sets the gain for Channel B (higher gain)
- Tone: Brighter clockwise, warmer counterclockwise.
- Voice: This sets the nature of the Palisades distortion by changing the clipping diodes.
- No diodes: The most open and least distorted.
- LED clipping: Light clipping with a lot of volume.
- Mosfet clipping: Light gain OD with great harmonics.
- Asymmetrical Silicon clipping: Tighter light gain OD closest to stock 808.
- Symmetrical silicon clipping: Tighter distorted tone.
- Schottky Diode clipping: Looser fuzzy tone.
- Bandwidth: This sets the overall tone and gain structure of the Palisades. 1 is the thinnest setting with the least amount of gain and 5 is the fattest setting with the heaviest gain. Everything else is in between. This control has a major effect on all the settings of the Palisades, especially the Gain and Voice controls.
- Normal/Bright: Normal is a warm full tone. Bright is livelier tone with more chime.
- Buffer: Turns the input buffer on or off. ON is a tighter and brighter tone while OFF is a warmer tone with more sag. The buffer is part of the drive circuit & is only available when the Palisades is activated.
- Boost: Activates the output level boost, Features Flexi-Switching.
- Gain B: Activates Gain Channel B, Features Flexi-Switching.
- Activate: True bypass switch
This device features Flexi-Switch Technology! This relay-based, true bypass switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching.
For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass.
For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
Since the switching is relay based, it requires power to pass signal.
This device takes a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
Dimensions: 4.75 x 5.65 x 2.25 in. (121 x 144 x 57 mm) with knobs
Current Draw: 25 mA
Input Impedance: 500 kΩ
Output Impedance: <10 kΩ
01 - 1
03 - 1
12102021RK - 012022RK
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.