Ludwig Breakbeats by Questlove 4-Piece Shell Pack, Black Sparkle
Breakbeats was designed with the city in mind. Positioned on a riser for optimum reach, its compact 14x16" bass drum, 7x10" tom, and 13x13" floor tom creates a set-up for sculpting grooves in tight spaces. It features Remo Pinstripe heads for pro-level tones, and comes with a multi-purpose bags for easy transport, and drum muting.
Break It Down
The tonal center of Breakbeats is a 5x14" matching wood snare drum. Create beats on the fly and make your voice heard at gigs, on the street, or in rehearsal.
Dial It In
Fitted with Remo heads, Breakbeats' 7-ply hardwood shells play like a full-sized kit; fusing low-end kick punch with focused tom and snare midrange.
Pack It Up
Packable, stackable, and portable, Breakbeats' compact size and included storage bags make it ideal for the drummer on the move. Play it wide open or instantly change volume and tone by draping each bag over each drum.
Each drum's bearing edge is cut to a 45-degree angle within 1/16" from the outside edge. This sharp edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface for easy head seating; the final touch to complete the unmistakable Ludwig Sound.
"I wanted to build a device that was apartment-friendly and compact for the street musician; but also something that was quality-sounding. A gritty, raw, 'break-able' kit for gigging in clubs that you can fit in a cab. Breakbeats by Questlove does it all."
- Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson (The Roots)
- Apartment-friendly and compact for the street musician
- Positioned on a riser for optimum reach, its compact 14x16" bass drum, 7x10" tom, and 13x13" floor tom creates a set-up for sculpting grooves in tight spaces
- The tonal center of Breakbeats is a 5x14" matching wood snare drum
- Fitted with Remo heads, Breakbeats' 7-ply hardwood shells play like a full-sized kit
- Shells are made of 7-ply hardwood, preferred by professionals for its tonal versatility
- Each drum's bearing edge is cut to a 45-degree angle within 1/16" from the outside edge
- Compact size and included velvet storage bags
- Packable, stackable, and portable
- Snare stand, cymbals and cymbal stands not included.
- All Kits are possibly open displayed
- Original Packaging is often retained, occasionally not
- Will be shipped appropriately
- If you want factory sealed, please message us, and we'll talk through it
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.