The Martin BC-16E acoustic-electric bass is ideal if you love to write and practice on an unplugged bass but also need the option to plug it in to record or play live with your band.
The BC-16E includes a solid Sitka spruce top, East Indian rosewood back and sides, and forward shifted scalloped bracing to deliver deep, thumping Martin tone whether you are plugged in or using the built-in Fishman® electronics.
It also includes a fast, comfortable neck so you can keep the rhythm section tight. The BC-16E is strung with Martin Authentic Acoustic Bass Strings.
- Cutaway body gives you total access to the upper frets
- Sitka spruce top allows for greater projection and superior note definition
- Factory Plek treatment lowers action and enables smooth playability
- East Indian rosewood back and sides create a sweet, well-balanced sound
- Fishman Matrix VT Enhance electronics contribute great plugged-in tone
- Forward-shifted X-bracing enables greater bass response
- Soft-Shell Case Included
- Tortoise Pattern Pickguard
- Weight: Approx. 5lbs
- Stock Photos
- BODY SIZE: M-14 Fret Cutaway (0000-14 Fret Cutaway)
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- BACK AND SIDE FINISH: Satin
- BRACING PATTERN: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 34''
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1.58
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Bass
- BACK MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- NECK TAPER: Standard Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- ELECTRONICS: Yes
- TOP COLOR: Clear
- BRIDGE STYLE: Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BINDING: Antique White
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8''
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- TOP DETAIL: None
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: White Plastic
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Pattern
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: Black Plastic
- PICKGUARD INLAY: None
- SADDLE: Compensated White Tusq
- ROSETTE: Bold Herringbone with Multi-Stripe
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16"
- BRACE MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- BACK AND SIDES COLOR: None
- BRACE SIZE: 5/16"
- BACK DETAIL: None
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: None
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: Black Stripe
- HEELCAP: Antique White
- SIDE DETAIL: None
- ENDPIECE: None
- SIDE INLAY MATERIAL: None
- ENDPIECE INLAY: None
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2.18''
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: None
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 23
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: None
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 17th Fret
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: None
- SIDE DOTS: White
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid
- TUNING MACHINES: Black Enclosed Gear
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- KNOB: Black
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Script Old Style Overlay
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADPLATE BINDING MATERIAL: None
- HEADPLATE DETAIL: None
- CASE: Soft-Shell
- LABEL: None
- PLEKED: True
01 - 2565225050622RK
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.