Roland SH-4D Multi-Timbral Desktop Synthesizer
Roland SH-4D Multi-Timbral Desktop Synthesizer is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Meet the SH-4d Synthesizer, a desktop powerhouse with hands-on workflow and deep synthesis tools for designing the sounds of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Create spontaneous musical moments with 11 OSC Models, a multitimbral pattern sequencer, extensive effects, and plenty of polyphony. And with the loaded panel, dynamic controls, motion recording, and more, you can craft evolving sounds and compositions as fast as the ideas come. Equally suited for studio, stage, and traveling, the SH-4d is an incredibly versatile synth that unleashes inspiration from the moment you power on.
- Compact desktop synthesizer with professional sound design tools, intuitive hands-on workflow, and onboard pattern sequencer
- Eleven OSC Models cover everything from vintage analog and classic PCM tones to cutting-edge digital textures
- OSC Models include the new SH-4d native engine, Wavetable, Cross FM, JUNO-106, SH-101, and more
- Four independent synth parts and a dedicated rhythm part with up to 60 voices of total polyphony*
- Rhythm part with selectable waveforms, powerful synthesis controls, layering capability, and more for individual sound design per instrument
- Fully loaded direct-access panel with 32 knobs, four sliders, and a massive array of buttons
- Top-level interface workflow reconfigures the LCD and panel controls for the Model or performance mode to eliminate menu diving and creative slowdowns
- Dedicated Filter, Amplifier, and LFO sections with comprehensive controls
- Advanced Matrix for modulating multiple assignable parameters
- Button keyboard with a two-plus octave range for self-contained music creation
- Multitimbral sequencer with 128 patterns, real-time recording, two step-entry modes, and motion recording
- Probability and sub step settings per note for tones and rhythm parts in pattern sequences
- Unique D-Motion and Visual Arpeggio for creating performance effects by physically moving the SH-4d
- Extensive onboard sound processing with MFX for each Tone plus global MFX, reverb, chorus, delay, and more
- USB-C audio/MIDI interface and 5-pin MIDI I/O
- Clock input for synchronizing with modular synths and other Roland gear
- Stereo 1/4-inch audio outputs and headphones jack
- 3.5 mm stereo audio input for mixing other synths such as AIRA Compact and Roland Boutique instruments
- Rugged portable design powered by batteries or USB-C
- *Maximum polyphony varies according to OSC Model voice settings and the sound generator load.
ALL THE MODELS IN ONE BOX.
FULLY LOADED PANEL.
Craft tones and perform in the moment with 32 knobs, four sliders, and a massive array of multi-function buttons. The LCD, sliders, and buttons automatically reconfigure their functions to follow the selected mode, eliminating menu-dive roadblocks that slow your creative flow.
GRAB-AND-GO SYNTH CONTROLS.
Whether building tones or creating patterns, the Filter, Amp, and LFO sections are always ready to shape what you’re working on. The newly developed ladder Filter offers multi-mode operation with interactive Drive and Resonance, full envelope control, and an independent HPF to instantly tighten any sound. The Amp section provides ADSR and quick level adjustment, while the deep LFO section features numerous waveform types, fade, filter, pitch, and more.
BUILD SOUNDS FAST.
The dynamic OSC section puts the most important creative parameters within easy reach. Shape sounds from scratch by starting from a clean slate. Or call up preset and user tone libraries for each Model and begin tweaking from there.
ENTER THE MATRIX.
With the powerful Matrix section, you can use LFOs, envelopes, or external MIDI sources to modulate Model parameters. Easily set assignments by grabbing knobs and dive deep into detailed settings via the intuitive menu structure.
MUSIC THAT MOVES.
Among its many tricks, the SH-4d features built-in motion sensors that allow you to pick up the synth and tweak sounds with physical movements as you perform. Use D-Motion to control two assignable parameters for the X/Y axis. Or call up the unique Visual Arpeggio to shape note patterns via fun interactive displays.
The SH-4d sequencer is always on hand, ready to transform your sound ideas into compact loops or extended compositions. The tactile interface works in tandem with your sound design moves, making it easy to discover new tones and textures as patterns play. With up to 60 notes of polyphony, you have enough power to realize complete musical ideas in the box.
The SH-4d offers rapid-fire Roland sequencing with four synth parts and a dedicated rhythm part. Use two different step recording modes to enter up to eight notes per step or real-time recording mode to capture playing as you go. Fine-tune note velocity and other settings with detailed list editing. And manipulate patterns with reverse/random playback, first step/last step, and other powerful performance features.
MIX AND MUTE.
In Pattern mode, the SH-4d’s OSC section and LCD transform into a mixer for finessing levels and arranging on the spot. Control part volumes, muting, and panning and view effect send levels at a glance. When you’re not in Pattern mode, you can mute/unmute parts and individual pattern steps with quick button presses.
Drop into real-time recording to capture knob and slider movements whenever you’re ready. To refine your motion moves, record another pass or open the list editor and start tweaking. If you want to start over, you can easily clear all motion in a pattern with one command.
TOOLS FOR SURPRISE.
The SH-4d provides lots of additional ways to infuse your creations with color and detail. Set probability amounts per step to invite unpredictability and add sub steps for flams and ratchets. And along with the Visual Arpeggio feature, there’s a traditional arpeggiator to capture moving note patterns as you record.
The SH-4d is filled with renowned Roland effects to frost, finesse, rough up, or mangle your tones and patterns. Using focused controls and dynamic menus, you can quickly call up effect types, adjust parameters, set send levels, and more while creating and performing.
MFX TO THE MAX.
Each sequencer part has a dedicated MFX processor with 95 effect types to explore. From filter, drive, and lo-fi effects to delays, pitch shifters, phasers, flangers, and the famous JUNO chorus, you’re sure to find what you need for any style.
The SH-4d includes shared chorus, delay, and reverb effects with send controls for each part and top-level buttons for fast on/off access. There’s also an MFX processor for the pattern output, plus a system EQ and compressor for fine-tuning the overall mix.
POWERFUL PRODUCTION PARTNER.
With the integrated USB-C audio/MIDI interface, you can record 12 discrete audio channels directly into your DAW. The primary panel knobs, D-Motion, and Visual Arpeggio also send CC messages, enabling you to use the SH-4d as a full-featured control surface for software instruments and MIDI hardware.
YOUR MOBILE SYNTHESIS STUDIO.
The SH-4d runs on a standard USB-C phone charger or AA batteries for up to four hours. The rugged, grab-and-go design lets you create non-stop, whether in the studio, on the road, or lounging around the house.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.