Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone
Whether it’s big-time broadcasting, professional podcasts or critical studio recordings, this legendary dynamic microphone delivers smooth, warm vocals every time. The SM7B captures and enhances the finer details of the human voice while blocking out all the distractions. An audio icon.
There just aren’t that many products that have delivered for so many generations in so many different fields. Technology has marched on, but the physics of the human voice have not. The SM7 sounded amazing back in 1973, and the SM7B still sounds amazing today.
HOW IT WORKS
The wide-range frequency response of the SM7B preserves the natural beauty of the sound it captures. With its detailed audio profile, words may travel far, but they always arrive at their destination with quality and clarity intact.
WHY IT’S BETTER
Only good air gets through
The air suspension shock isolation and the pop filter eliminate both mechanical noise and breathiness. So words get through and the rest stays out of the mix.
The classic cardioid pattern is designed to reject off-axis audio. So you can sing or speak at a comfortable angle and it captures the sound, just as you want it, with minimum coloration.
Shield your sound
We added advanced electromagnetic shielding to defeat hum from computer monitors and other studio equipment.
QUALITY THAT’S IN THE DETAILS
Rugged construction for securing the microphone cartridge.
Detachable close-talk windscreen and switch cover plate included.
Reduces distortion from loud sources.
Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting.
Dynamic cartridge with flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech.
Also useful for close-miking instruments in studio where warm and smooth full-frequencies are a must.
In the Box
- Shure SM7B Vocal Microphone
- Swivel (Yoke Mount) Stand Adapter
- Shure A7WS Broadcast-Style Windscreen for SM7, SM7A, and SM7B
- Shure RPM602 Switch Cover Plate for SM7A and SM7B Broadcast Microphones
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce explosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Electromagnetic Hum Sensitivity (Typical, Equivalent SPL/milliOersted):
- 60 Hz: 11 dB
- 500 Hz: 24 dB
- 1 kHz: 33 dB
- Impedance: 150 ohms for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 ohms.
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz):
- Open Circuit Voltage: – 59.0 dB (1.12 mV)
- 0 dB = 1 volt per Pascal
- Switches: Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis: Slotted response selector switches.
- Cartridge Shock Mount: Internal air-suspension shock and vibration isolator. Microphone Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR)
- Swivel Assembly: Integrated, captive nut for ease of attachment to stand, fits 5/8 in.–27 thread.
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3.
- Case: Dark gray enamel aluminum and steel case with dark gray foam windscreen
- Net Weight: 765.4 grams (1 lb, 11 oz)
- Stock Photos
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.